Since our home is on wheels, we’re on the lookout for potential locations to park and live in the future.
We’ve learned that each property is unique, and that our wishlist is ever-changing. If you’re interested in chatting about leasing land on your property, send us a note using the contact form below. Thanks!
We’re focused on California, but ultimately open to anywhere in the US. We look for places that best fit our needs and setup — and the right host.
Since the house is on wheels, we can potentially move it at any time, but upon finding the right spot, we prefer to stay put for a while.
Wishlist for our host location
Our site will likely be part of a host’s backyard or garden, or a patch of land on a property or farm that is not in use — but it could be anywhere. We must be able to safely tow the house onto and into the property. It’s 13’4″ high, 8’6″ wide, and about 25 ft long (including the trailer tongue).
Our ideal location meets the following criteria, but we’ll consider a site that doesn’t have all of them:
- Secure and offers some level of privacy.
- Access to a wireless network, or a location that allows us to set up our own service. (We primarily work from home, so solid internet is a must.)
- Enough outdoor space to set up our solar array — three panels at 66 x 39 inches each — that is ideally not shaded at all during the day.
- Option to plug in for power/electricity.
- Water source (e.g., via hose from main house or other faucet on the property).
- Designated outdoor/garden area to dispose of graywater. We use natural soap products only. (Ideally, we’d construct a small French drain or similar system.)
- Area to construct a compost bin for food scraps and waste from our composting toilet.
- Trash/recycling services (or nearby access to a dump).
- A lease/agreement for a certain amount of time (ideally up to one year — or more if it’s the right fit for both sides).
We’re open to working with your existing setup, or creating a system that’s convenient for both of us. We’re flexible in terms of arrangement: if you prefer quiet, private tenants in a designated area, that works! Or, we’re open to helping around the property a bit.
We’re happy to go through the standard background check process, if you’d like.
If you’re interested in chatting more, we’d love to hear from you: